• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Best way to lose gut?

Dunno

Ex-Bluelighter
Heard all different people say Crunches are no good for losing belly fat.
I have been doing Crunches for about two and a half months now, 3 times a week. 20 each day

I don't want to join a gym if it is possible to do it on my own.

Thanks

Yes diet it a big factor in losing weight plus proper exercises as well. What type of exercises are you currently performing? I understand that you don't want to go to the gym but if you would like to like to lose your gut faster this will also depend on the intensity of your workout.

My diet is pretty good I think. Breakfast - Weet Bix, Nutri Grain, Apples, Bananas, Eggs (I alternate every second day.

2 Chicken schnitel, 3 Fish, Rolls with ham and cheese, Pasta maybe once a week.

Steak (maybe once a week) Soup, Beans, Corn, Potato (maybe once a week) Sandwich with ham and cheese (maybe once or twice a week.

Exercise I am jogging around an athletic track, then walking, jogging, then walking, for about an hour.
Also doing 20kg Bicep curls , 20 Push ups and 20 crunches 3 times a week.

Six-pack abs are made in the kitchen.

Your diet is alright. Nothing special. And (almost) everyone cheats every now and then, which you didn't mention. I suggest a food log.

Diet + lifting heavy weights and/or any high intensity exercise = best way.

Jogging/walking do very little. Your weights/push-ups/crunches do very little. None of that is high intensity.

You want compound lifts. Look up Strong Lifts and/or Starting Strength. Squats, Deadlifts, Overhead Press, etc.

You need to eat more vegetables instead of just protein and carbs.

Yep, you cant out train a bad diet.

Also you can't really target a specific area (like your gut) for fat loss. You basically lose fat in the reverse order that it was gained.

Your diet is alright. Nothing special. And (almost) everyone cheats every now and then, which you didn't mention. I suggest a food log.

Diet + lifting heavy weights and/or any high intensity exercise = best way.

Jogging/walking do very little. Your weights/push-ups/crunches do very little. None of that is high intensity.

You want compound lifts. Look up Strong Lifts and/or Starting Strength. Squats, Deadlifts, Overhead Press, etc.

I can't do any of that lifting as funds are a bit low at the moment.

So running does absolutely nothing?

+1
you cannot isolate fat reduction on a single area of your body by doing 1000 crunches a day

proper diet, cardio along with core exercises for visible abs
keep running :)

sadly my 6 pack is hiding under a fat layer and from losing 20 lbs years ago the skin sags on my belly making me look like I have more of a gut that I do. I have a visible 2 pack lol

you know that everyone has a basil metabolic rate? Its a number from an online calculator that gives you the number of calories that your body burns at a resting rate ( if you sleep all day ).
you've gotta create a calorie deficit. If your basil is 1800 cal/day, then add up the calories of all the food you've eaten that day:
A real simple and basic estimate of how many calories you have burned in a day and you can record that number in a Journal everyday to use against what a pound of fat consists of, which is 3500 cal so you can watch your weight loss progress...........
1400 cal/day consumed total is a safe number. Subtract 1400 from 1800 and you have made a 400 cal. deficit. And that's not including any exercise or daily activities.

Other shit like eating 4 or 6 small meals a day can translate into your metabolism working all the time thus your food not just getting stored in your body as fat.
heres a link to the first basil metabolic rate calculator that comes up on yahoo:
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

Cut the carbs and any sugar.

If you lift before you do cardio you will burn much more fat.

download the P90X work out videos online and do the lower body plyometrics video. I go pretty hard in the gym 5 days a week and I can't make it through the whole thing.

regarding exercise, it doesn't matter if you run or walk, it is about how much force/effort you exert. just to illustrate this (pulling numbers out of thin air), a 10km brisk walk could be equivalent to a 2km run.

just be active, constantly.

oh and yes, eat more veggies.

nb. i also have a bellyfat difficulty, but i am in shape. although far from cut, you can see where my abs are.

It does something. Just not much.

If you're hell bent on running, I suggest HIIT.

Or buy a jump rope. Jump with a mat under you, lifting your knees up to your abdomen and landing on the balls of your feet. That'll get you stronger -- calves, quads, hips, arms, core, balance -- and improve your cardio much faster than long-distance running will.

A speed rope is like 5 bucks.

Intensity is all that matters as far as "best way to lose gut" goes.

Or buy a jump rope. Jump with a mat under you, lifting your knees up to your abdomen and landing on the balls of your feet. That'll get you stronger -- calves, quads, hips, arms, core, balance -- and improve your cardio much faster than long-distance running will.

Good call. Jumping rope is a GREAT form of conditioning/cardio. Mix up the intensity between things like 3/5 minute rounds and 30 sec. on 30 sec. off. Do the 30/30 ones like sprints as fast as you can with high knees.

I agree to definitely use a mat as well. This will save your ankles and knees. It will also help to keep you from getting shin splints.

I'm currently trying to bike away from a 'poor' diet (it's more poor in terms of caloric opulence via gluttony than unhealthy food: I'm a vegetarian who actually likes eating lots of veggies). It's kinda working (my pants are beginning to require the use of belts again), but this has also entailed an average of 2 hours of interval training-esque aerobics (intensive cycling up and down hills) per day.

ebola

ITT:

tumblr_mqv931k0Vt1s79jn2o1_500.gif

I'll get a rope but try not trip over the bloody thing & will rope get rid of this 6 month old sittin in my stomach? whaat are some good foods

One thing that seems to work for many people is having smaller meals more often. The more rarely you eat, the more likely that your body will attempt to store the calories it consumes because it's using a survival strategy. The storage mechanism calms down with more frequent meals.

Cortisol also causes weight gain, so eliminating stress from your life or taking adrenal supplements that reduce cortisol content in the body can be helpful.

And of course, avoiding fat building foods and exercising is also a core part of this.

I'll get a rope but try not trip over the bloody thing & will rope get rid of this 6 month old sittin in my stomach? whaat are some good foods

It's a marathon, not a race. It will likely take you years to get where you want to be. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

foreigner said:
One thing that seems to work for many people is having smaller meals more often. The more rarely you eat, the more likely that your body will attempt to store the calories it consumes because it's using a survival strategy. The storage mechanism calms down with more frequent meals.

Controlled studies that I've seen show this not to make much of a difference, though it might be easier for people to eat fewer sum calories with smaller, more frequent meals (It's easier for me at least to binge like an idiot when I wait till I feel voraciously hungry).

ebola